Administrative Assistant Description
The Administrative Assistant facilitates the efficient operation of the assigned departments by performing a variety of clerical and administrative tasks.
- Answers and transfers phone calls, screening when necessary.
- Maintains filing systems as assigned.
- Retrieves information as requested from records, email, minutes, and other related documents; prepares written summaries of data when needed.
- Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions.
- Coordinates and schedules travel, meetings, and appointments for managers or supervisors.
- Coordinates billing and bids
- Processes AP transactions
- Maintains office supplies and coordinates maintenance of office equipment.
- Maintains a system for recording expenses and the use of petty cash.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Basic understanding of clerical and administrative procedures.
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to solve problems as they arise.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s degree or vocational school training preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.