Director of Operations
The Director of Operations is responsible for the direction and coordination of the organization. Generally, the Director of Operations is responsible for growth and profitability of the company or organization. This role may include expense control, staff management, goods production and department supervision.
St. Joseph, MO
- Responsible for the hiring and training of Director’s direct report Supervisors/Managers.
- Organizes and oversees the work and schedules of direct Supervisors/Managers.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Will oversee price schedules, quotations and the negotiation process.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures.
- Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Ensures work environments are adequate and safe.
- Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and cost of sales in each division to achieve financial objectives.
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Will maintain good client relationships in being the main point of contact.
- Improves customer service and satisfaction through policy and procedural changes.
- Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, engineering, technology, and customer service divisions to produce smooth workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- May require travel.
- Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in business and finance.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior managerial and diplomacy skills.
- The ability to review contracts.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Ther ability to manage multiple projects across multiple clients simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a team environment and show exemplary leadership qualities.
- May require travel.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Extensive and diversified background with at least 10 years of related experience.
- Must have physical strength, balance, hand-eye coordination, and stamina necessary to complete jobs in various areas.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80 pounds and push and/or pull 50-pound loads at a time.
- Must be able to stand and walk up to eight hours per day and climb multiple sets of stairs while carrying materials weighing between 40 and 60 pounds.
- Must be able to ride in a vehicle up to four hours to travel to and from job sites.
- Must be able to work in different temperatures and changing weather conditions.
- Must be able to traverse and inspect all areas of jobsite in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, or stretching.
- Exposure to characteristic construction site dangers.
- Must have flexibility in scheduling to meet the needs of the business.