Maintenance and Facilities Manager
The Facilities Manager is responsible for and supervises the maintenance, care, and efficient operation of all facilities used by the organization. The Facilities Manager will be responsible for inspecting, maintaining and repairing mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems to ensure optimal operating results. The successful candidate will oversee the company’s facility operations, manage staff, manager office moves and manage janitorial duties, all while remaining in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Oversees the daily workflow, scheduling, and assignments of the equipment and facilities department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Inspects and performs maintenance on assigned facilities.
- Manages or contracts landscaping and snow removal for the facilities.
- Ensures assigned facilities are ready for regular business and special events.
- Provides recommendations for maintenance and repairs to facility and equipment.
- Maintains files of warranties, records, licenses, inspections, service agreements, and contracts for various pieces of equipment related to the facility.
- Provides recommendations for purchases of new equipment related to the facility.
- Collaborates with other appropriate management staff to prepare and implement budget.
- Ensures compliance with all safety and security protocols.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Basic understanding of or ability to quickly learn the equipment and facilities to be maintained.
- Ability to perform maintenance and building repair.
- Ability to maintain basic records and warranties.
- Ability to understand written directions in manuals and on manufacturer websites.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software as required to complete and maintain records.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience managing the company’s type of facilities, equipment, and events preferred.
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems.
- License in Electrical and/or HVAC preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the facilities.
- Must be able to access all parts of the company equipment.
- Must be able to climb ladders while carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to ride in a vehicle up to four hours to travel to and from job sites.