Fiber Optic Assistant Design Engineer Description
Supports engineering projects by adapting and applying engineering techniques; conducting tests and inspections’ preparing reports and calculations.
- Supports all engineers on project work
- Works with contractors and engineers to coordinate installations of utility distribution, collection and service facilities
- Performs design work and works with draftspersons engaged in the preparation of complete improvement projects of more difficult types.
- Writes and reviews utility department specifications and reviews plans to ensure conformance with standards and specification.
- Writes reports, prepares estimates, and conducts studies in connection with various engineering projects.
- Strong analyzation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- General math skills
- Reporting, and researching skills
- Dealing with Complexity
- Presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of drafting and analytical tools
- Must be able to follow instructions and accept feedback.
Education and Experience:
- Sufficient education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate possession of the following knowledge, skills and abilities that would be typically acquired through:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology or sciences preferred or any other degree, specialized training, or experience, that makes the individual uniquely qualified to perform the job responsibilities preferred
- Knowledge of ARC GIS or ARC mapping preferred
- Familiar with construction focused on fiber builds
- Knowledge of Web Applications and the GIS design domain.
- Strong Interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Flexible and able to think quickly working to resolve design issues and makes decisions.
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Vision to allow prolonged periods of computer work
- Vision to allow differences in colors, shades and brightness
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to use different types of office equipment
- Regular, predictable attendance is required
- Must be able to tolerate moderate noise (business office with computers, phones, printers, and light traffic)
- Ability to work in open workspace with others
- Must be able to traverse all necessary terrain at a job site
- Must be able to ride in a vehicle for up to four hours to and from job sites.
- Must have flexibility in scheduling to meet the needs of the business.