Fiber Optic Drop Engineer Technician
The Fiber Optic Drop Engineer Technician is responsible for designing and improving delivery of fiber services to homes and businesses. It requires an in-depth understanding of current fiber optic design standards and industry processes. The engineer is fully responsible and accountable for the final design content and document generation to support the placement of the physical fiber infrastructure supporting the home or business.
- Evaluate, document, and adhere to Customer design requirements
- Coordinate with the fielding team on specific site visit schedules and data gathering requirements.
- Create high level preliminary route design and facility specifics to manage fielding request instructions
- Perform detailed OSP and ISP designs specifically adhering to design standards provided
- Support the team by participating in the mentoring of other new design team members
- Perform design within allocated time frames
- Provide design lead with updates on progress and roadblocks
- Participate in developing process improvement concepts
- Help maintain project records and files
- Learning on the Fly
- Problem Solving
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Written and oral communications
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Drive for Results
- Decision Quality
- Listening skills
- Basic Knowledge of industry and technology trends
- Basic knowledge of construction &constructability practices & principles
- Basic knowledge of process, procedures for project controls and estimating
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience in ARC GIS or ARC mapping preferred
- Experience in interpreting client request and apply design standards to work product
- Familiar with construction focused on fiber builds
- Knowledge/experience with Web Applications and the GIS design domain.
- Strong Interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Flexible and able to think quickly working to resolve design issues and makes decisions.
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Functions as a technical specialist with minimal supervision
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must have physical strength, balance, hand-eye coordination, and stamina necessary to complete jobs in various areas.
- Must be able to clearly see color and shading in plans and materials.
- Must be able to ride in a vehicle up to four hours to travel to and from job sites.
- Must be able to work in different temperatures and changing weather conditions.
- Must be able to traverse and inspect all areas of client homes in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, stretching, or climbing stairs
- Vision to allow prolonged periods of computer work
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Regular, predictable attendance is required
- Must be able to tolerate moderate noise (business office with computers, phones, printers, and light traffic)
- Ability to work in open workspace with others
- Class E license is required