IT Support Engineer Description
This person will work in tandem with the Director of IT to resolve issues on development projects and in the field. The IT Technician will be a reference point for all IT related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a timely manner and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties.
- Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure usability
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Ensuring electrical safety standards are met
- Repairing or replacing damaged hardware
- Upgrading the entire system to enable compatible software on all computers
- Installing and upgrading anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level
- Performing tests and evaluations on new software and hardware
- Providing support to users and being the first point of contact for error reporting
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues
- Conducting daily backup operations
- Managing technical documentation
- 2+ years’ experience in computer networks and systems maintenance preferred
- Knowledge of the following applications is preferred
- Dell VRTX Blade Chassis
- Dell PowerConnect M640 Blades
- Dell Power Connect N Series Switches (compares to Cisco IOS)
- SonicWALL Firewalls
- Ubiquiti Wireless Gear
- VMWare ESXi/VCenter 6.7 Clusters
- Windows Servers 2016+
- Apple Products
- Mobile Device Management experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient problem-solving skills
- End User Training
- Office 365 support and administration
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must have physical strength, balance, hand-eye coordination, and stamina necessary to complete jobs in various areas.
- Must be able to sit at a computer for multiple hours/day.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80 pounds and push and/or pull 50-pound loads at a time.
- Must be able to stand and walk up to eight hours per day and climb multiple sets of stairs while carrying materials weighing between 40 and 60 pounds.
- Must be able to ride in a vehicle up to four hours to travel to and from job sites.
- Must be able to traverse and inspect all areas of jobsite in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, or stretching.
- Exposure to characteristic construction site dangers.
- Must have flexibility in schedule to meet the needs of the business.