The Lineman will install, maintain and repair fiber optic communication lines and systems. The Lineman is responsible for both overhead and underground cables and wires. Overall responsibilities may include installing underground lines, installing meters, climbing poles to repair overhead lines, or inspecting fiber optic lines for possible repair or replacement.
- Install fiber optic cables and lines
- Replace or repair lines.
- Follow all safety requirements.
- Must possess strong problem-solving, analytical, troubleshooting and organization skills
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Must have knowledge of electrical codes
- Must possess time management skills
- Installing various types of power cables and wires
- Making repairs to damaged power lines
- Reading and interpreting staking sheets
- Working outdoors in various types of weather
- Must have the ability to use various types of hand tools and climbing gear
- Must be familiar with the safety rules and regulations related to aerial work
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior exceptional work experience with the company preferred
- Certification of aerial education
- CDL class license preferred.
- Must have physical strength, balance, hand-eye coordination, and stamina necessary to complete jobs in various areas.
- Must be able to stand and walk up to ten hours per day and climb multiple sets of stairs while carrying materials weighing between 40 and 60 lbs.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at a time and push or pull 50-pound loads at a time.
- Must be able to ride in a vehicle up to four hours to travel to and from job sites.
- Must be able to work in varying weather and temperatures.
- Must be able to traverse and inspect all areas of jobsite in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, or stretching.
- Exposure to characteristic construction site dangers.
- Must have flexibility in scheduling to meet the needs of the business.