Materials handlers pull and verify materials and supplies on production orders. They maintain in-process inventory at shops and job sites by delivering or opening products for clients. Material handlers also keep loading areas and equipment clean and maintained.
- Receives, distributes, and stores products as directed in designated, secure locations.
- Prepares and maintains records of materials received and shipped including dates of transactions, locations, and other pertinent information.
- Reviews shipments for quality and accuracy; reviews accompanying documents for accuracy.
- Confirms shipping details or special instructions; expedites shipments that affect the manufacturing process schedule.
- Transports and loads materials, supplies, and finished goods (manually and/or using hand trucks and skids).
- When problems arise, resolves issues with contractors or vendors.
- Validates, approves, and forwards invoices to accounting department.
- Collects and properly disposes of scrap bracing, cardboard, and strapping; maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good math and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Efficient time management skills.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college coursework or other formal training in related field preferred.
- At least two years of related experience required.
- Class A CDL with tankers endorsement preferred
- Spanish speaking bilingual ability would be preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the facilities.
- Must be able to access all parts of the company equipment.
- Must be able to climb ladders while carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to ride in a vehicle up to four hours to travel to and from job sites.