The Safety Specialist will help guide employees to prevent workplace injuries and reduce health risks. In this position, you will travel to worksites to investigate complaints and conduct regular audits, identify potential risks, and ensure regulatory compliance. Based on these audits, you will help develop and implement risk reduction strategies.
- Conduct worksite audits to identify potential risks and ensure regulatory compliance
- Assist to develop and implement strategies to reduce or eliminate risk
- Promote safety awareness through training of field staff
- Remain up to date with regulatory changes and update SOPs as needed
- Assist to investigate workplace accidents and complaints
- Delivering Documentation to employees who violate safety protocol
- Ability to work with others – Frontline management through field staff
- Ability to present information to small groups
- Willingness to learn and be part of a dynamically growing company
- Flexibility in your schedule to meet the needs of the field
- Willingness to incorporate overnight travel into your schedule
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Safety Management, etc. or similar (preferred)
- Must have a clear driving record
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be able to partner with field staff to deliver results
- Must have physical strength, balance, hand-eye coordination, and stamina necessary to complete jobs in various areas.
- Must be able to ride in a vehicle up to four hours to travel to and from job sites.
- Must be able to work in different temperatures and changing weather conditions.
- Must be able to traverse and inspect all areas of jobsite in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, or stretching.
- Exposure to characteristic construction site dangers.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for an extended length of time.