Web Application Developer
The successful candidate will join our lead engineering manager as an early member of a new in-house development team. This key position is integral to building enterprise-class workflow management applications that will be used internally and offered commercially for licensing. The candidate will be implementing single page applications utilizing React and TypeScript that interface with decoupled API backends. We offer a task-oriented, learning environment that encourages professional growth. This is an excellent opportunity to go deep into React and modern web app design and architecture.
Education / Experience / Required Abilities
- Position is suitable for an experience level from skilled entry level to mid-career.
- Must have professional ReactJS experience or Code school curriculum that emphasizes React.
- TypeScript experience is desirable.
- Willingness to code extensively in TypeScript is a must.
- Must demonstrate understanding of web client / API architecture.
- Familiarity with Git or similar version control system as well as task boards and DevOps CI/CD pipelines.
- Ability to implement page layout, design and functionality from requirements and specifications documents, wireframes and mockups.
- Willingness to iterate on design refinements during release and review phases.
- Strong commitment to producing an excellent user experience.
- Consistency in UI design, layout, components, graphical elements.
- Desire to produce enterprise-class, commercial software that incorporates security, permissions, scalability, fault tolerance, modularity and code reuse.
- Willingness to put in time required to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated to increase and expand knowledge base and remain current on development practices and application technology trends.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Vision to allow prolonged periods of computer work
- Vision to allow differences in colors, shades and brightness
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Must be able to tolerate moderate noise (business office with computers, phones, printers, and light traffic)